- Recommendation guide
- Readers, NCKU faculty members and students, are welcome to use Suggest a Purchase of Library Materials for online recommendation. Before submitting a request, please check library’s WEBPAC to see whether the material you want is already in the collection or on order.
- All purchase suggestions will be appropriate to the fulfillment of our collection development policy and be considered within the constraints of our budget. The Library purchases comprehensive and general books / materials in principle. Demand for scholarly ones is subjected to be recommended by academic department with financial support. As to certain topics with controversial issues or materials, will be reviewed by the library's governing body.
- You can suggest up to 5 Chinese books, 3 foreign language books, a maximum amount of NT$3,000 for A/V materials each semester. Any increase or decrease in purchase works according to annual revenue and expenditure.
- Scholarly foreign language journals are subjected to be recommended only by academic department. There is a limit of 2 Chinese journals, 1 foreign language journal for comprehensive and nonacademic journals per semester per person. All requests for new journal subscriptions will be examined by Periodicals Dept.
- As to remaining requests beyond the limit of quantity and budget, we will add the valuable items to the waiting list and do as many appropriate purchases as possible but not giving loan priority service.